With the evolving healthcare industry, jobs are being created that blend the skills of both information technology and healthcare professionals. And with the adoption of electronic medical records, telemedicine and the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Edition (ICD-10) migration, this trend is picking up momentum.
There is a clear demand for these hybrid roles within this transforming market; including clinical application analyst and trainers, clinical informatics, ICD-10 conversion project manager and testing coordinators/coders, and meaningful use business analyst.
- Introduction into design methods of information systems;
- Build knowledge on electronic health records systems and related technologies;
- Improve quality of and access to healthcare; and
- Integrate comprehensive health records.
Did You Know?
Virginia Tech has more than 15 years of serving as an industry leader in online master of information technology programs, and was recently ranked #2 in U.S. News & World Report, along with the following distinctions:
- Student Engagement Ranked #1
- Outstanding Faculty Ranked #2
Plan Your Study: