Decision Support Systems
Decision support systems job titles include consultant, technical consultant, systems analyst, systems developer, network administrator, management analyst, programmer analyst, project analyst, database developer, software developer, programming consultant, information manager, applications developer, and information management consultant, among many others.
A decision support analyst may conduct various types of specialized analyses including cost-benefit analyses, financial analyses, and feasibility studies. A decision support analyst documents analytical findings and conducts internal and external research, as well as supports managers by analyzing data and conducting analyses and summarizing the results in an understandable way to assist in decision making.
CONTENT AREA OVERVIEW
- Learn core intranets: electronic data interchange, electronic banking and payment systems, security and firewalls, software agents, and the social, legal, and international issues of electronic commerce;
- Characterize, use, and develop decision support systems; and
- Learn methods for data access, modeling and computation in a visual language, graphic display of support material, report generation methods, object sharing between software, and deploy support systems within distributed environments.
- BIT 5594: Web-Based Applications and E-Commerce (Core)
- BIT 5474: Computer-Based Decision Support Systems
- BIT 5484: Cognitive Computing for Smart Service Systems