VT-MIT or MBA? How about both! Virginia Tech is pleased to offer this unique dual degree in information technology and business administration. Here's how this sequential degree offering works:
Start the VT-MIT degree, and plan your 11 courses (33-credit hours) to include up to 5 (15-credit hours) courses from your choice of the following list in your plan of study:
- ACIS 5504 Information Systems Design & Database Concepts
- ACIS 5524 Advanced Data Management Systems
- ACIS 5534 Systems Development
- ACIS 5574 Healthcare Data Management
- BIT 5474 Computer-Based Decision Support Systems
- BIT 5495 Decision Support Systems; Design & Implementation
- BIT 5524 Introduction to Business Intelligence & Business Analytics
- BIT 5534 Applied Business Intelligence & Business Analytics
- BIT 5564 Healthcare Information Technology
- BIT 5594 Web-based Applications and E-commerce
- MGT 5804 Leadership in Technology-Based Organizations
The 15 credits chosen from the list above can be applied toward the MBA degree. Upon successful completion of the VT-MIT program (3.0 GPA or better), you will reapply for the MBA program* as a formality (admission is guaranteed), and then complete an additional 12-courses to complete the MBA degree.
*There is not an online MBA degree option at Virginia Tech. The MBA program is offered in a face-to-face evening format at the Northern Virginia Center in Falls Church, VA. Contact us for more information.