How can you begin your study at Virginia Tech?
If you are ready to begin your journey, we are ready for you! Everything you need to get started is right here, so don't delay. Just follow the steps shown below and you will be on your way to a bright future in the IT field.
Admission to the Master of Information Technology degree program in Virginia Tech's Graduate School requires that applicants meet the following minimum standards:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 of 4.0
- The potential to successfully pursue and complete the VTMIT degree program as evidenced by the application, letters of recommendation, and/or other material submitted with the application such as professional vitae or resumé
- Entering students are expected to have some experience programming in a modern language such as Java, C, C++, or C#.
- GRE/GMAT is not required; The TOEFL is required for those not receiving their bachelor's degree from an American, Canadian, or British university. The university-wide minimum requirement TOEFL score is 80 for Internet and 550 for paper. The TOEFL is not required of US permanent residents and US naturalized citizens.
Students meeting these standards will typically be admitted as regular students. Students with a lower than minimum grade point average or without sufficient programming background may be admitted as provisional or commonwealth students. Please see admissions types for examples.